Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

New Year's was quite fun this year! 
A few girls from my ward and I decided to go to a Young Single Adult activity at Gameworks. 
Some wards rented it out for the night, so we were able to play all the games all night.
There was also a dance floor, which is where we spent most of the night. 
Yes, I love to dance! And danced for the whole last hour of 2010!
It was a great time!
Afterward, we met up with some other friends from our ward at IHOP.
We ended up eating and staying there with them til about 2:30 in the morning!
It was quite humorous because everyone was so tired and slaphappy. 
It was probably one of my favorite New Year's Eve!
Here are some pictures from the night:
Hannah and Me in the car on the way there!

Jessica, Jessica, and Me

Our Group that went- Hannah, Jessica, Jessica, and Me

Jessica and Jessica on the dance floor with Annicia in the background

On the dance floor!

I am so excited to be starting a new year!
I always love making New Year's Resolutions, even though they I am not always good at keeping them!
I am thankful for the opportunity I have to recognize the changes I need to make in my life and work on them.
This past week, I was thinking about how perfect the timing of New Year's is in relation to Christmas.
From Thanksgiving to Christmas (and even a little after) the focus of the season is Christ. 
Well, I realized this year that that is a perfect focus at this time of year.
Of course, it is always important to make Christ the focus of our lives, but it is so awesome to have Him as the focus as we are leading into a time of change. 
For most people, New Year's is a time to make changes. 
I know that through Christ, we can truly make the changes we need in our lives.
As we rely on Him, and turn to Him for help, He will help us!
That was something that really struck me this year as I have been thinking about what I need to change in my life! 
I am so glad that I can turn to Him for help!
I wouldn't be able to do it alone, and I am glad I don't have too!
I am excited for the resolutions and plans I have to make changes for myself!
I am excited to see what 2011 brings, and for the opportunities I'll have this year!

Happy New Year everyone!
I hope it's a great year for you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment