Thursday, November 4, 2010

Messages Through Music!

I love music! 
Even more than that, I love music that teach messages. 
(That's why I chose the songs I did to play on my blog. They all teach a special message to me! Check out the right side of my blog to see them. ---->)
I love coming across a song, or listening to a song that teaches a message that I need. 
I truly believe that is one of the most powerful ways to learn lessons. 
Well, it is for me at least. 
Anyway, this week I was able to come across two songs that really impacted my week.
The first one is "So Small," by Carrie Underwood.


I have heard this song many many times and absolutely love the message of it.
This week, I heard it Wednesday morning as I was getting ready for work.
I was thinking about my job situation and kind of stressing about what I was going to do. 
Then the lyrics to this song really hit me.
"It's so easy to get lost inside a problem that seems so big at the time. It's like a river that's so wide, it swallows you whole. While you're sitting around, thinking about what you can't change, time's flying by, moving so fast, you better make it count cause you can't it back.
Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand."


I really needed that reminder. 
I am completely guilty of making problems in my life a lot bigger than they really should be.
I worry and worry until I find a solution, then I realized I worried and worried for nothing. And my problem was really so small.
Although my job situation is kind of important to figure out, I was able to feel at peace as I realized that I don't need to make it bigger than it is. 
And when I spend so much time focusing on a problem, I miss out on so much!
I just need to enjoy the mountain I am climbing, and look back to realize it was a grain of sand!
What a great reminder!


The second song is "Hello World," by Lady Antebellum.
I haven't listened to this song in such a long time, but for some reason pulled out my Lady A cd on my long drive home and listened to it.
I love the message it teaches, and that is illustrated even better in the music video.
 

So many times, I find myself like this guy in the video.
I "forget what living's for" and get so caught up in the unimportant things in life, like traffic jams or hard homework assignments. 
How dumb!
But I am glad for the things that "remind me why I am here," and that I can "fall down on my knees" to help me keep going when I want to give up!
I love this message!
I am so thankful for my life. 
It hasn't been the easiest for me, especially in the last couple years, but I am thankful for my knowledge the Heavenly Father has a plan for me. 
And that I can use that plan to "remind me why I'm here." 
What a great blessing that is in my life!


I am so thankful for songs like these that provide pick me up's when I need them most! 
There is power in music....even popular music!
We just have to listen for the messages. 
They are truly sweet when we find them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment