Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Run, Baby, Run!!



I can feel the burn!!
About 3 weeks ago my best friend and I decided we were going to start working out because it is one of my New Year's Resolutions!
So the first two weeks we did decent running/walking three nights a week.
Then, last week we kind of slacked off and didn't put much effort into it. 
Well, tonight we decided to kick up the notch again.....and I feel
AMAZING!!!!!!
I must admit while we were going I thought I was going to die many many many times.
And I wanted to quit. Luckily, I have a strong best friend who helped keep me going! 
Well part of that comes from we decided we are going to go on another road trip for our birthdays...which are ten days apart. 
We decided that we wanted to do another Cali trip, but this time we want to spend the weekend at that beach, which means.....getting in shape! So tonight was our big kickoff (or re-kickoff) to getting into shape! 
So every time I wanted to give up (she pushed me hard!) she would remind me of bathing suits on the beach! 
She also would offer me encouraging words like, "you can do it," and "we are almost there," which helped the most! 
So after a night of doing the most running we have done so far, we did squats, lunges, and jumping jacks. It was quite the workout and I am going to be sore tomorrow, but I love it! There is nothing feeling your muscles work and knowing they are getting stronger!
 New Year's Resolution this one is for you!
And California.....here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment